Workshop Online Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
DATE 18 August & 1 September 2021
TIME 3:00PM - 5:00PM
Price $255 pp
Course component 1 – Self-paced interactive eLearning
Course participants will receive an introduction to mental health, mental health problems and mental health first aid. Each module will cover statistics and facts about the particular mental health problem, how to recognise the signs that someone may be experiencing the problem.
Developing mental health problems covered:
- Anxiety problems
- Eating disorders
- Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
- Panic attacks
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviours.
Course component 2 - Instructor-led component
ZOOM SESSIONS ARE from 3pm-5pm on August 18, August 25th and September 1)
ALL SESSIONS MUST BE ATTENDED IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR ACCREDITATION
This course component allows participants the opportunity to revise and consolidate practical skills in a group environment. The instructor-led component is designed to be delivered after participants have completed the eLearning component of the course.In this training, delivered in person or over video conference from wherever you are, the focus is on the revision and application of knowledge and skills learnt in the eLearning component. The instructor-led component includes large and small group activities, providing participants with the opportunity to:
- Revise the eLearning content and the MHFA Action Plan
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant scenarios
- Learn crisis first aid for suicidal thoughts and behaviours and non-suicidal self-injury
- Learn crisis first aid for traumatic events
- Review a range of resources that a mental health first aider could refer someone to when providing mental health first aid.