Workshop ONLINE Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
In this informative and practical course, you will learn about the signs and symptoms of common and disabling mental health problems in adolescents, how to provide initial help, where and how to get professional help, what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective, and how to provide mental health first aid in a crisis situation, using a practical, evidence-based action plan.
Mental health training is more accessible than ever before
The Blended Youth MHFA Course includes two course components:
Course Component 1 – Self-paced interactive eLearning (4-hours)
The eLearning course component presents an overview of mental health problems and mental health crises.
Developing mental health problems covered include:
- Anxiety problems
- Eating disorders
- Substance use problems
Mental health crises covered:
- Panic attacks
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviours.
Course Component 2: Instructor-led component
- 3 x 2. hour video-conferencing sessions
Component 2 provides course participants with an opportunity to revise content covered in the self-paced eLearning program and to consolidate the application of this content with the development of practical skills in a group environment.
Course Component 2 provides participants with the opportunity to:
- Revise the eLearning content and the MHFA Action Plan
- Clarify any points of uncertainty remaining after completion of the eLearning modules
- Apply the MHFA Action Plan to relevant scenarios
- Discuss and reflect 'a where to from now' in using mental health first aid skills
- Develop a self-care plan to maintain good mental health.